Ever expanding clients AV Dawson required a large external laser screed concrete flooring hard standing for a new container port at their Riverside Park premises in Middlesbrough, Teesside. Nationwide Concrete Flooring was contracted to carry out the installation of the 250mm deep, 15,000m2 area during a 9 day casting period.
Steel profile construction joints were installed at centres designed by Nationwide and the consulting engineers in order to offer the client the best solution in terms of layout design and speed of casting. Joints were installed 3 days in advance of the casting process (see photo)
- Area- 15, 200m2
- Casting Period- 9 days using Somero SXP-D Laser Screed
- Concrete Volume- 3,800m3
- Supplier- Tarmac Quarry Products
- Reinforcement Type- A393 steel fabric
- Concrete Mix Type- C40 AEA, Min CC 350kg, Cem 1
- Sub Base Preparation- Laser Guided Leveller – 4 days in advance
- Construction Joints – 220mm deep, galvanised steel profile joints with foam insert
- Surface Finish- Rough Pan power floated with Hydrostatic floats.
Should you wish to discuss a project of a similar nature involving laser screed concrete flooring then please feel free to call either Jon or Claire on 01430 436596 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you are located in the north east you can contact our dedicated north east office in Gateshead on 0191 404 6831.