Nationwide Concrete Flooring carry out this process by doing the following-
- A layer of stone is placed over the existing concrete slab. This layer acts as a load transfer platform and helps to take out any undulations and level differences within the concrete. The stone layer also means that the new slab can be laid and at even and consistent depth in order to minimise any potential shrinkage restraints. The transfer layer also eliminates damaged joints and cracks in the existing slab reflecting through to the surface of the new, once loading and trafficking of the slab occurs.
- A layer of polythene is laid on top of the stone to act as a slip membrane, minimise grout loss and assist in damp proofing. The new slab is then laid, levelled and compacted using one of the Nationwide laser screed machines.
- Powerfloats are used to provide a suitable polished or slip resistance finish to the floor.
- Diamond Curehard our own dust inhibiting and floor sealing compound is mechanically sprayed onto the powerfloated surface.
- Saw cut induced contraction joints are installed at designed centres to control the movement of the concrete floor. Immediately after this process the saw cut joints are sealed using Instant seal 101 joint sealant. The Instant Seal 101 requires no curing time and helps to protect the joint from arris breakdown and debris ingress.
Not all existing concrete is a suitable candidate for a concrete floor slab overlay. The concrete must be structurally sound, without gapping cracks, severe delamination, or an unstable subbase. Nationwide Concrete Flooring offer a complete concrete slab replacement process and are able to work unsociable hours to suit the client’s needs. Please vue our concrete floor slab removal and replacement section.
For further details about our concrete floor slab overlay services please do not hesitate to contact us on 01430 436596 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org