Nationwide Concrete Flooring specialise in Concrete Slab Removal and Replacement, we remove floor slabs using specialist equipment such as diamond blade pre-cut and full-depth saw-cutting machines, hydraulic concrete breakers and an ezi drill mechanized dowelling installation system.
- The removal of a concrete slab could be for many reasons:
- Damaged concrete surfaces
- Installation of lift pits
- Increased loading requirements of the existing concrete slab
- New staircase foundations
When carrying out a full depth concrete slab removal and replacement a lot of consideration is taken into making the designated working area safe, erecting both safety equipment and lighting. Due to noise problems related to the removal of any concrete floor slab it may be necessary to carry out works throughout the evening or night to avoid any disruption during the day to your business.
Once the concrete slab has been cut into small sections, lifted onto the low loader and removed from site to a local waste recycling facility. Nationwide then can carry out the replacement process-
- The subbase is regraded and compacted using Nationwide’s laser controlled subbase compact leveller.Steel dowel bars are installed using the drill and dowel system.
- Depending on suitability for the floor slab design a reinforcement type is selected, whether it be steel fibre or steel fabric reinforced we have the facilities to be able to design using both different types of products.
- The concrete is then laid and levelled using one of our laser screed machines.
- Either hand held or ride on powerfloats are used to provide the suitable finish to suit the clients chosen preference.
- The following morning saw cut joints are induced and sealed immediately after, using our Instant seal 101 joint sealant.
To enquire further about our concrete slab removal & replacement service please call 01430 436596 or complete our enquiry form here